- Shout at them for doing it.
- Make them feel guilty because they’re upsetting you.
- Ignore them until they stop if they do it around you.
- Point out how bad it is.
- Ignore it all completely.
- Take it personally.
- Try to fix them.
- Try to understand more than it’s possible. (I don’t even understand why I do it so you definitely won’t)
- Not realise it’s unlikely to stop until the core issues have been solved.
- Not realise it’s an addiction.
- Accuse them of attention-seeking.
- Hide any objects that they use.
- Believe you can control the person’s actions.
- Put pressure on them to stop when they’re not ready.
These are just some that I wanted to include but feel free to add any in the comments.